Select a topic to view or download the file. In order to view, you will need Adobe Reader or Powerpoint Viewer.
Important Reference Articles:
Evidence Based Guidelines for Treatment of Lyme disease
ILADS (International Lyme and Associated Disease Society)
Neuropsychological Functioning in Chronic Lyme disease
Westervelt and McCaffrey
Additional Articles and Information:
In 2009, Dr. Patel founded a Lyme support group called "Lymelighters". Although the group held its final meeting in January 2012, there were many informative presentations and discussions, some of which are shared below:
- Handling Herxheimer's Reactions (ppt) - The Herxheimer reaction (also known as Jarisch-Herxheimer or Herx) occurs when large quantities of toxins are released into the body as bacteria (typically Spirochetal bacteria) die, due to antibiotic treatment or rapid detoxification.
- Lyme Disease Coinfections (pdf) - The condition where a tick carries other infections in addition to Lyme disease. "Co-Infections" - Babesiosis, Ehrliciosis, Bartonella, Mycoplasma/Anaplasma, and others are discussed.
- Dietary Guidelines for Mold and Candida Sensitivities (pdf) - Information and tips on candida and mold sensitivities.
- Signs/Symptoms of Dietary Indiscretions in Lyme Disease (pdf) - Covers signs and symptoms of Candida overgrowth, food sensitivities and intolerances.
- Herbs and Alternatives (pdf). A list of herbs and alternatives used in treatment of Lyme and other related conditions.
- Rife Machine Basics (pdf) - Dr. Royal Raymond Rife was an early 20th century American scientist who discovered that exposing microorganisms to certain electromagnetic frequencies killed them. Read the article handout for more on the history and use of Rife in treating Lyme.
- Ticks: Life Cycles, Habitats & Prevention (pdf)
- Biofilms, Methylation and HM Detoxification in Lyme Disease (ppt) - An overview of biofilms, methylation cycle, heavy metals and the related treatments. Includes biofilm photos.
- Kryptopyrroluria (pdf) - Presentation given by Scott Forsgren ( BetterHealthGuy.com ) covering KPU/HPU. Discusses the findings of Dietrich Klinghardt M.D., Ph.D. in looking for possible explanations as to why some patients struggle more than others to regain their health. Dr. Klinghardt has found a high correlation between patients with chronic Lyme disease and those with Kryptopyrroluria (KPU), or more precisely Hemopyrrollactamuria (HPU). IMPORTANT-Although the KPU/HPU described in this presentation has been found to be highly effective, it should NEVER be performed without the supervision of a licensed healthcare professional as adverse events may occur.
- Wilson's Syndrome: Restoring thyroid function (ppt) - Dr. Tedde Rinker presented on the topic of Temperature Syndrome, Thyroid issues, how they relate to Lyme disease and Wilson's treatment protocol.
- Earthing Research & Thermography (ppt)- Presented by Dr. William C. Amalu, DC, DABCT, DIACT, FIACT
Best-selling author Connie Strasheim recently released her second doctor interview book on the topic of treating Lyme disease. In "New Paradigms in Lyme Disease Treatment" 10 top doctors (including Dr. Patel), reveal healing strategies that work. Learn More